May 27, 2009

Sanity but no Salery

OK, so a little over 3 months ago, I decided to stop doing childcare. It just wasn't worth the stress for the little bit of money I was making. And now that I have two boys to take care of, I'm very grateful to not have other kids to care for too (it would just be to much). But with that decision, I gave up the extra couple hundred dollars a month that I was making. At the time, I was more than willing to give that up, but now... our savings is not quite what it used to be. I have visited the Employment Resource Center at the church, but they haven't been able to find anything that I can do at home that isn't childcare.
They did give me a website http://ratracerebellion.com/ that is dedicated to "work from home" jobs. The site is great, but I am not qualified for most of the jobs. I did however try doing Paid Surveys, but they just didn't work out for me. So, here I am loving my life without a "job", but wishing I could find a way to contribute to our family bank account. Does anyone have any advice? Job ideas? Let me know, because I could really use the help.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Um, we could start a business together! You could... crochet baby blankets... and I will... take pictures of them... Ok, nevermind. That's a terrible idea. I've got nothing. But I'm so proud of you for making that tough decision to quit daycare so you could be happy. And now I break into a chorus of "Did you ever know that you're my hero?"