May 23, 2009

First Ride

Jacob is almost 3 months old already. It's hard to believe how fast time goes sometimes. Of course it depends on your perspective. Three months of being pregnant can seem like an eternity! Right Stacia? :) But after having your baby it seems like days go by pretty fast.

Jacob has had quite a few mile stones in his little life already. He's been to Hawaii for the first time (I'll put pictures up of that soon), Stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's while Mom and Dad went on a date (we didn't leave Isaac until he was almost a year old), and just this week he went on his first bike ride! Yeah! We ordered a double trailer for the kids but it is still on back order. So for the last few weeks we've been impatiently waiting to go for the first ride of the year. Then I decided to borrow a trailer from a friend, Thanks Jen and Chad! We have used it a few times already, and we're leaving for another ride in a few minutes. :)

Joe and I were very proud of ourselves last night. We rode our bikes all the way up to Kincaid park. That might not sound like much, but for those of you who have pulled a 20 pound trailer with a 35 pound kid inside going up a 3mile hill, all with the wind in your face... it's not an easy thing to do. (This year I am pulling Isaac, I got the heavy kid, Joe got the easy one ;) And this was only our 2nd ride of the year. That is quite an accomplishment, even if I say so myself!


3 comments:

Angelina said...

autumn! i love that you have a blog so i can add it to my stalkery list. and mandy won't have to forward me all the pics in emails anymore. i am coming to alaska in july. can i see your boys?

Autumn said...

of course you can see the boys! I'm excited you are coming home soon. Congrats on graduating! Sorry I'm a little late :)

[Stacia] said...

Yay for you guys! I know what an accomplishment that is! Thanks for the update-We miss you guys so much!