September 8, 2011

Catching up for Summer 2011

This summer has been so nice!

This has been one of the best summers I can remember for a long time.

Lots of sun, and warm days.

Fourth of July we took the kids to the parade and the fireworks,

and of course Auntie Jessica's birthday party barbecue.
Isaac played soccer again this summer. He loved it!

Last year he enjoyed playing, but only with Daddy. He never wanted anything to do with the coaches or any of the other kids.

This summer was a complete turn around. He ran right out there and played, and loved every minute of it. I'm so proud of my boy and how much he is growing up.

With the weather being so nice and warm

we took many trips to the park and played in the sand and sun.

Our first trip I was not prepared at all. I let the kids put just their feet in the water. But poor Jacob fell in and got soaked. I had to take his shirt off so it could dry a little. Then Isaac and Jamie both wanted to get in the water. After two hours we walked home soaking wet, fully clothed and covered from head to toe with sand. (Sorry I don't have pictures of that right now)



I quickly learned to just put them in swim clothes and water shoes before leaving the house. Plus, pack the beach toys, lunch and towels. What a wonderful summer!

No comments: